Jackson Design Associates experience covers the full spectrum of the residential sector. We have been involved on projects including one off bespoke dwellings, single and multi-storey infill or refurbishment projects, in addition to multi-unit, and multi-phase, new build developer-led residential projects from tender stages through to delivery and completion. We have strong relationships with housing associations and private housebuilders, and a reputation for good value, high quality, deliverable work, designing dwellings which adapt to market needs. At its heart, housing is about people and we will consider how their needs translate into homes and streets.
We are vastly experienced at working with our clients to understand their aims and values and engage with stakeholders to understand the purpose of a project. We have helped many of our clients navigate the challenges around viability, permitted development and obtaining planning approval through Outline, Reserved Matters and Full Planning Applications. Our approach is one of consultation and collaboration, to deliver schemes that work well, stand the test of time and create places where people want to live and settle into their community.
Our team regularly undertakes comprehensive site and context analysis and reviews relevant Planning Policy to establish an appropriate mix and density. We design homes that are sufficiently flexible to meet a diverse range of individual requirements, and that are adaptable to people’s long term needs. Our portfolio includes dwellings designed to all categories of Part M of Building Regulations.
In line with the established constraints and opportunities, we explore initial options for how proposed accommodation could be arranged on the site and develop conceptual massing models and test key views to understand and appraise the opportunities for development of the site. This ensures that any development is appropriate, enhances the existing built environment and provides a sense of place for residents.
Our team has extensive experience in:
- Working closely with Clients to understand their requirements and formulate project briefs.
- Feasibility Planning.
- Studying relevant Planning Policy and designing to suit.
- Masterplanning large and small residential developments.
- Designing to suit technical housing standards – nationally described space standards.
- Building Regulations applications and liaison with Approved Inspectors.
- Construction stage documentation.
- Timber frame and traditional construction methods.
- Lead Consultancy.
- Interior Design or collaborating with third party interior designers.
- Roll out of Client standard design requirements.